Posted on May 20, 2022
- 300g of rolled oats
- 100g of dark chocolate
- 100g of pecan nuts
- 50g of Brazil nuts
- 3 massively heaped tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 massively heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey (preferably runny)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- a dash of salt
- Roughly chop the nuts and finely chop the chocolate. Mix all together, making sure the coconut oil melts in the process of doing so. Please make sure to taste and adjust your mixture. It’s hard to truly go wrong unless you add a ridiculous amount of salt or honey.
- Tightly pack the mixture on a baking tray, aiming for a thickness of roughly .5cm.
- Bake between 150°C and 180°C - be careful not to burn it. Make sure to bake it long enough as to get it crunchy.
- I think this granola by itself would become better by adding some dried fruit, such as figs, bananas or dates. Yet, I would rather eat this granola with fresh fruit anyway. When having it with fresh fruit, I prefer no dried fruit in the granola.
- I’d be intrigued to play around with heat: a pinch of chili powder?